Resizing an Image in Photoshop
Photoshop is the industry standard for image editing and preparation. Compressing an image in Photoshop for the web is simple. Here is how to make a high quality JPG:
- Open your image in Photoshop. First you will want to resize the image. Go to the top menu and choose Image. From the drop menu choose Image Size.
- Make sure that the Scale Styles, Constrain Proportions and Resample Image with Bicubic options are all checked.
- Set the resolution to 72 pixels/inch.
- Set the image dimensions at the top, using the Pixel Dimensions box. Click OK.
Compressing an Image in Photoshop
- Now go to File drop menu. Choose Export and then Save for Web & Devices (legacy)
- Click on the Preset Compression pop-up menu. Choose JPEG High. In the left-hand corner under your image you will see the final file size and the approximate download time on a dial-up modem.
- Click the Save button and give your file a new name. Save it to a place on your computer where you will be able to find it.