Create New Post: Click this button to open the interface for creating a new post.
Sorting Tools: You can use these options to determine the order in which posts are displayed.
- My Posts & Comments: Places your own posts at the top of the display, followed by posts upon which you have commented.
- Date: The default display mode, which sorts all posts in chronological order (newest posts at the bottom) by original posting date. You can reverse this sort (newest posts on top).
- New/Unread: The most useful sort in most cases -- puts any posts you have not read at the top, followed by posts with comments you have not reviewed.
- Flagged: Prioritizes posts you have flagged.
- Instructor: Helps you to find your instructor's comments and critiques.
- Name: Sorts all posts alphabetically by last name.
List View: Two display options are available for posts: a list view (shown here) and a grid view.
The list view presents all posts for a given topic in a list down the page.
Each page displays up to 12 posts. New posts are highlighted in green.
The complete contents of every post, including text and attachments, are immediately visible. Simply scroll down to see the posts.
Expand All / Collapse All Comments: Comments and instructor critiques are considered to be part of a post.
Click Expand All Comments to display the comments that your classmates or instructor have made on all posts. Collapse All Comments hides the comments, leaving just the posts.
You can also expand or collapse the comments for each post individually by clicking the triangle at the top of each post.